Saturday, November 8, 2014

Yumbox Review


 
After almost a year of use, I think I'm ready to share my review of the Yumbox lunch system.  This lunch system measures approx. 8.5 x 6.5 x 1.8 inches and weighs 1.1 lbs.
Here are my love and dislike.  Let's start with the Love:

Love:
  1. Totally Leak Proof -  We put in maple syrups, hummus, salsa, yogurt, ketchup, applesauce, berries, cheese shreds, chips and they all stay within in their contained area. I love love this box for this reason.
  2. Super Study - My son is known to toss his back pack along the side of the play yard when it's recess time.  I would say he's not the most gentlest creature on earth. So far, not one crack, scratch or ding. 
  3. Great Size - This fits into all the  lunch bags we currently own.  I think the majority of “flat” type lunch bags out there would work.
  4. Removal Tray - I sometime use the tray as a plate for meals serve at home. 
  5. Less Pieces - My son is really good in bringing back all the picks and containers I put in his lunches, but I find it such a hassle to wash them individually.  This lunch system is only two piece, an inner and outer.  Washing is such a breeze.

Okay, now for the dislikes:

  1. Small Sections - The compartments are small, really small.  The compartments are deep, but small. I would rather have one less compartment than several tiny compartments.  At max, I can fix 3/4 of a sandwich if I cut it up and arrange it to "make it fit" way... Not a big deal for me since I do like to cut up my lunches to have more of a cute effect.  Yumbox however came out with a new box (Yumbox Panino ) in recent months that have one larger compartment which would fit our needs.
  2. Heavy - If I know my son will have to carry a lot of school books that day, I will spare him by using another lunchbox. My guess is the silicone seal to prevent things from moving around also the reason why this is so heavy. 
  3. Cost - Okay, $28 is a lot of money for most of us to spend on a lunch box.  Yumbox however run promotion every now and then and if you sign up for their newsletter, they will send you updates YUMBOX SIGN UP
The Verdict

We love our yumbox and will recommend this to friends and family. Since they have now solve one of my dislike (small sections) with their newer Panino addition, this box is almost the  perfect lunch system we own. 

Here are some our past Yumbox creations. Enjoy!








 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment